Saturday 16 July 2016

#TSLBirthdayBash - Guest Writers

This final segment of this celebration (how is it over so quickly?!) is to bring to light those who've contibuted to the blog since November 2012 - I really couldn't believe it's been that long since I've been inviting guests to the blog! And it's something I love having as part of the blog and can't wait to continue it in the years to come. Without the guests, we also wouldn't be able to have the We Wear Hotbuys blog posts, which I know a lot of people enjoy, so it's all very much down to them^
\\ "I don't want to sound too gushy, but it was an honour to be approached to become a guest writer at The Stardoll Lookbook. I was a bit nervous about contributing because I've lurked for ages and the standard of style is very high. I've found that it's really just a lovely, creative environment where you can make your own statement about fashion - that's why I particularly like the We Wear Hotbuys segment so much, we all look at the same pieces differently. It's taken a long time (11 years nearly!) for me to get to a place where my doll looks on the outside how I feel on the inside and if it wasn't for blogs like this, I'd still be searching. I hope that this blog continues to inspire others like it has done me :)" //
Miloshki - November 2015 to Present
The guest writer posts allow the blog readers to get a much wider range of styles to view on the blog, and often, they are the popular posts getting a huge number of the "Love it!" boxes ticked on their posts! They also often (most usually!) are the most popular looks when we style the monthly Hotbuys - the great thing about doing these posts is we give the readers different ways they could work with the Hotbuy and hopefully show them different ideas and ways to style it so they can make an informed purchase if they so wish =)
\\ "Being a guest writer on The Stardoll Lookbook is like being a writer for Vogue. The Stardoll Lookbook, in my eyes is one if the most successful blogs to come from the Stardoll community and to be a part of it's history is just a blessing I can never forget. Also, I got to say, Kirsten (Sparklewand12) is one of the most hard working people I've ever met and I don't think we will ever have someone like her in the Stardoll community. I wish for The Stardoll Lookbook to continue flourishing and to continue to grow even bigger in the future!" //
Emmahunt4 - May 2013 to June 2013 and January 2014 to June 2014
What the guest writers would love from you guys is feedback and support! Sometimes there's a lack of motivation to post and I believe that can be fixed by a little love and care - so take some time to comment on their posts, say what you like about an outfit, enquire about their inspiration, yes ticking an opinion box is awesome, but a comment can go a long way! Trust me on this one, comments are very much appreciated on The Stardoll Lookbook and over the last 5 years are sometimes what have kept it going!
\\ "The Stardoll Lookbook, for me, is fabulous and one of the best blogs about fashion - because models should look good too, not only on the catwalk =) Everytime I'm thinking about a new outfit to make in Stardoll and my mind is blocked, I always visit The Stardoll Lookbook for inspiration and to wake up my creativity. I have always loved, and I always will love, The Stardoll Lookbook and Kirsten (Sparklewand12) will always remain one of my best friends! xoxo" //
Kaszmir13 - November 2012 to April 2013

So thank you guest writers - I definitely think I've got, and have had, some of the best *kisses kisses*!

No comments: